With the grinding and pounding that we subject ourselves into these days…either from longer work hours or doing gym or sports to have an outlet for stress, we tend to develop these so-called trigger points that cause our bodies soreness, tension or tightness. Although we know that massage is a good way to help with these trigger points, most still view massage as a luxury and don’t normally consider having one as regular maintenance to keep their bodies off from suffering chronic injuries.
With that said, thanks to the self-massage tool inventions popping out in the market, we don’t have to wait to have the budget and time to get a massage after all. If you want to get an effective massage at home, you can buy some good self-massage tools to help you with those knots and lingering tension.
Without further ado…here is a list of the 5 effective self-massage tools you might wanna consider:
1. Massage Cane- In case of tight knot muscles in your upper part of the back and shoulders, which can affect the movement and create tension headaches, you can use Massage Cane. The brilliance in the Massage Cane lies in the leverage. By pushing on one end, the pressure on the distal node is increased dramatically. This allows one to apply significant pressure to hard to reach areas with ease.
2. Foot Massager- If you want to give some relax to your foot and remove the soreness in it, foot massager is the best self-massage tool. These are made to activate the pressure points of your sole to get some relief from your pain. You just need to roll it on your feet.
3. Spine Aligner- This is another tool you can use on your own for a massage. This has been made to put pressure and relax the points in your muscles on both the side of the spine in order to relieve the pain in the back. This spine aligner is also used for the purpose to stretch your spine gently and helps in improving your posture.
4. Massage Ball- To get a massage with hands as effective as a therapist you can buy a massage ball that has been made to replicate their hands. These can be used for tight glutes and hips as the ball can be pressed as much as you want at the right tissue where the problem is. You can carry it with you and put it under your sore muscle during the travels.
5. Foam roller- Regularly using a foam roller– especially a deep tissue massage roller – offers many of the same benefits as a sports massage, including reduced inflammation, scar tissue, and joint stress, as well as improved circulation and improved flexibility. Regularly rolling pre and post-workout will mean you will help prepare your muscles for the workout ahead and also help with post muscle recovery. Once you start rolling I guarantee you will wonder how you ever performed your workouts without it and really understand foam rolling benefits.
All these tools are handy, cheap and effective. So you can buy them for the times you want relief from sore muscles and tension or just simply to relax your body.