Learn tsuboki face massage safely and effectively together with the basic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupressure points
2 hours | 35 lectures | All Levels | 4.7 (170 ratings) | 939 students enrolled
You will learn the background to this wonderful face massage therapy and how it came to be. You will learn the basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine, so that you have some understanding about why this massage is so powerful and how it works on several levels You will learn when not to massage, or when to adapt the massage to your clients’ needs. And you will be able to locate and work on over 40 acupressure points on the face, may of which have rejuvenating and health-giving properties. It is given with the client lying – preferably on a massage table – and with the therapist sitting.
You will be taken step by step through all of the techniques with clear, concise videos, which you can replay until you are confident. These are accompanied by PDF files with teaching points and reminders for each technique. Each part can be used by itself, but when you have the complete routine at your fingertips, you have a therapy that is relaxing yet energising, accessible and nurturing.
What You’ll Learn
- Carry out a Tsuboki Face Massage safely and effectively. Talk to clients about why it is so effective
- Explain basic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Locate and press acupressure points on the face
- Choose an appropriate oil for the face massage
- A professional massage or beauty or A&P qualification (If you intend to practice professionally) OR
- Some experience of giving or receiving massage and an interest in complementary therapies
Who Is This Course For
- Massage professionals who would like to expand their repertoire
- Complementary therapists who would like to venture into massage
- Lay people who would like to learn how to give family and friends a face massage